Believe it or not, I WAS NOMINATED FOR THE MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD! Kate over at The Colour of Madness nominated me for the award and I am so happy to have her in my WordPress community. I find a solidarity with her each time I read a new blog post she has written. We are both still discovering who we are and why we do the things we do, as we traverse tiring bouts of uncertainty and “madness.” If you find solace in my raw honesty and voice, you will definitely want to take a look at her work.
So again, thank you Katie! 🖤🖤🖤
So, what is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“This is an award for amazing bloggers with indigenous posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.”–Okoto Enigma
- Thank whoever nominated you and include link to their blog.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 bloggers you feel deserve the award.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny one.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
Wow! What an honor, Kate. Again, Thank you!
Three Things About Me: (Danielle)
- I have been writing terrible poetry since I was 14 years old (I am now 32). Do you think I should share some early, frivolous poems?
- I enjoy blowing spit bubbles off of my tongue and watching them float way. Some people find it disgusting, others are amazed by my trick. Friends who love me don’t care, either way.
- My favorite thing to do is make people smile and laugh, even when I feel like there is nothing to smile or laugh about, or when it’s at my expense.
Kate’s Questions for Me:
What is your favourite type of self-care?
Healthy eating and exercise.
Do you own pets? And if so, how do they affect your mental health?
Meet Sadie, left. Full faun boxer. She was my first fur-baby, just turned three, and is a year older than her brothers there. She is my heart and I was given her due to a case of litter mate syndrome. She was only 8 weeks at the time:
Middle is Jerry Lee. Part black lab, part mastiff mix. When my boss’s wife passed away, nearly 2 years ago, he couldn’t handle raising a 3 year old, raising a stubborn 6 month old pup(pictured below) and keeping a business in line. I inherited him in the wake of losing my only close girlfriend in my hometown.
And On the right, we have Charlie. Full reverse brindle boxer. He was too much for his owners to handle as well, with a move and a baby on the way. A Craigslist ad placed his worth at $350, as a 6month old pup. I contacted her about the ad, only to lack the finances to purchase him. She contacted me 4 weeks later, said I was the only qualified fur-mama and gave me everything for free: beds, toys, food and my little ornery runt, Charlie. (The following is his photo from the Craigslist ad:
In April of last year, when I left my ex Fiancé, the depression teamed up with my anxiety for the following 8 months. From April 29th, 2017(A week from today) to July 15th, my dogs had to reside at his house until I could find a suitable for the 4 of us. I would still see them daily, they needed to be let out for a bathroom break and his work schedule didn’t allow for him to take on the responsibility I had endeavored for 2 years. Those 2&1/2 months were tough but as soon as I got them back home with me, the depression was at its deepest plunges. I’m not sure I would have made it through without them.
If you had $5,000,000 to spend on something other than for your own personal gain, what would you spend it on?
Animal Rescue and Puerto Rico Disaster Relief.
Are you a grudge holder or a forgiver?
I am surely a bit of both.
“What is your favourite social media platform and why?”
This is a fun one to answer because I literally cannot choose. I’m not sure WordPress is considered social media, but if it were I would choose WP. Facebook is for friends and family, so no people I have not met face to face (I don’t promote my blog to my FB friends either, . Instagram is fun for selfies, pictures of my fur-babies, random works of art, quotes, poetry and literary references. I only signed up for Twitter when I got tired of hearing about Trump’s tweets from 3rd Parties. 🤦🏼♀️ Twitter and Instagram is where no line is drawn–where my blog and real life intertwine. I deleted Snapchat months ago and if I decide to downsize further, Twitter would be the first to go.
- A Fractured Faith Blog
- Try To Ignore the Mess
- The Phil Factor
- Misadventures of a Barely Sane Lackadaisical Housewife
Margoskvortsova (Definitely worth using google to translate.)
- The Bipolar Writer (James Edgar Skye)
- The Stories In Between
- Stoner on a Rollercoaster
- If you could time travel, where would you go and when? Future or past?
- What is your favorite book?
- If you could describe your personality in a punctuation mark, what would you be?
- Do you believe in Fate?
- What sound(s) soothe your being.